Whether you’re a brick and mortar business or for example a Plumber who travels to their customers, appearing in Google’s local SEO 3 pack is a must.
If you haven’t one already it’s time to adopt a Local SEO strategy.
- What is the Google 3 Pack?
- What has changed?
- How does it impact your local business?
WHAT IS GOOGLE 3 PACK?
If you type “digital marketing agency Melbourne” into Google right now, you will get a list of marketing agencies in your area of town.
Google wants to provide the information that is most relevant to you, so the agencies most relevant to you will displayed – in other words depending on your geographical location will determine which marketing agency listings will be displayed.
These listings are at the top of the page in a special list accompanied by a map..
These listings are known as the Local SEO 3 Pack.
Why has Google changed to the Local SEO 3 Pack?
Before the 3 listings were displayed – Google showed seven local companies in a list form, known as the 7 pack, more local businesses had a chance to squeeze into the first search results page, even if they didn’t perform well organically.
Google’s decision to show fewer listings appears to be motivated by mobile which totally suits using your GMB.
3 Pack search results make desktop searches mirror those on mobile with additional space for map results and reviews, but the caveat is less contenders for the top rankings.
However, as mentioned above search results are localized, meaning that the local SEO three pack changes considerably by dependent on searchers locations.
You can expand the “More Places” section below the local SEO 3 pack and these results appear to be unaffected in local search results.
This leaves ample opportunity for businesses that don’t make the top three to still make it in the top search results..
HOW DOES THE LOCAL SEO 3 PACK IMPACT YOUR BUSINESS?
If your business was in positions 4-7 then you will now not likely see your company listed for certain search terms.
Several businesses I have spoken to have seen a reduction in their online traffic and telephone calls to their business because they are now no longer listed in the 3 Pack. So Being In The 3 Pack Will Result In More Customers.
Google’s local SEO 3 pack is designed to be a better, more relevant browsing experience for searchers.
It’s up to you and your local business to ensure that you are relevant to their search by having your business in the 3 Pack.
How Google My Business Works for the Typical Small Businesses?
1.Stay Updated: Businesses can update their information like address, contact numbers, opening hours and more on Search, Maps and Google+ at one place, so that customers can easily connect with them.
2. Tell Customers How Your Business is Unique: You can add beautiful photos and virtual tours of your business to show customers how your business is unique.
• Connect With Customers : Share news, events and such to better connect with your customers.
• Respond to Reviews: Read and respond to reviews and stay on top of reviews from across the web. Google My Business gives a streamlined monitoring of reviews from Google and around the web + review analytics.
3. Know How People Interact With Your Business: Use custom insights to understand how people interact with your business. You can get improved user insights for your business, including visibility, engagement, and audience insights.
4. Mobile Optimized: Pefect as almost everyone will be looking at your listing on thier mobile device.
If you have any questions on how Google 3 Pack will improve your business just give me a call.